National Men Make Dinner Day
This day was created for the men who do not know their way around the kitchen and are not familiar with cooking appliances, as well as for the women in their lives who need a break. Non-cooking men are encouraged to have some fun and whip up a special meal for their loved ones. Barbecues not allowed! 😉
Website for information http://www.menmakedinnerday.com/
TOP TEN REASONS TO PARTICIPATE IN ‘NATIONAL MEN MAKE DINNER DAY’
1. Participating in ‘National Men Make Dinner Day’ gives you optimum points with your wife. Use those points wisely!
2. Since other husbands in your neighborhood are also cooking dinner, ironically this could be the ultimate male bonding experience
3. Some desserts, such as crème brulee, require the use of a propane torch. How much fun is that?!
4. Since YOU choose the recipe, it can be a turnip-free night.
5. Discovering that ‘250 ml’ is the same as ‘8 ounces’ AND ‘1 cup’ is half the fun.
6. Whatever recipe you choose, you can name it after yourself. Example: tonight’s dinner is called ‘Doug’s Surprise’.
7. Whoever is cooking always gets the most attention from the dog.
8. The blender, the electric mixer, and the food processor are loud enough to drown out anyone in the house who is learning a musical instrument.
9. Several recipes include beer as a legitimate ingredient.
10. While cooking, you can still wear your tool belt, simply replace the hammer with a whisk.